A HIPAA Compliant business phone service is a service that effectively protects sensitive data as should be done according to the law. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ensures that any company that deals with protected health information must ensure that all the correct data protecting procedures are followed such as making sure that all physical, network and process security measures are in place.
When choosing a HIPAA Compliant business phone service provider, you need to ask the following 5 questions:
- What has the company done to ensure their compliance? Many companies have subcontractors and these subcontractors need to be HIPAA compliant as well.
- Did the company have a HIPAA compliant expert assess its compliance? Many companies are compliant but did not have an independent expert assess their business compliance.
- Will sensitive data be protected by the staff? It is very important to ensure that the staff of a business phone service can attend to calls with utter confidentiality and keep the data of that call confidential at all times.
- Will the company be able to provide proof that it is HIPAA compliant? As there are many companies that claim that they are HIPAA compliant when they are not, the phone service provider of your choice needs to have the transparency to be able to provide you with these documents.
- What encryption methods does the company have in place to protect data and are these methods effective? Encryption is a security method to keep data safe while in motion and is a good measure that phone service provides use to keep their client’s data safe.
Sunshine Communication Services, Inc. is HIPAA compliant
At Sunshine Communication Services, Inc., you can rest assured that our expertly trained staff will keep your data safe and handle each call with confidentiality. Our 24 hour answering service will benefit you as we make it our mission to never make your company miss a call.
For more information about the answering services we have to offer, please do not hesitate to give us a call today.